Is there any better way to start the morning than with the aroma of fresh baked cinnamon rolls? Sure, you could go to the freezer section of your local grocery and pick out a tube of processed cinnamon rolls. But that’s not your style. You would rather do it yourself and bask in the glow of truly homemade goodness.
A quick Internet search will reveal scores of recipes for homemade cinnamon rolls, but many of them are no better than what you’d find in that tube from the store. If you’re looking for something delicious that’s a little different, here’s a health-conscious recipe for bread machine cinnamon rolls that you can make at home from scratch. All you need is 12 staple ingredients (and of course a bread machine :)) and you’re on your way!
This recipe makes 12 Cinnamon Rolls.
1) Melt 1/4 cup butter over low heat.
2) Put the yeast in the bread machine first then layer on the flour, sugar, and salt.
3) Beat the egg.
4) Add the almond milk and water to the beaten egg, and then add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients in the bread machine.
5) Run the bread machine on the dough setting.
6) In a medium-sized bowl, prepare the filling by whipping together the softened butter, ground cinnamon, and brown sugar.
7) When the dough is finished, lay it out onto a lightly-floured surface. If it’s a little sticky, knead in a little more flour till it’s supple and easy to work with.
8) Roll the dough with a rolling pin into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle.
9) Spread the filling out on top of the dough with a spatula, evenly from edge to edge.
10) Roll the dough up into a long tube (not too loose, not too tight).
11) Using a sharp knife, gently slice the tube into 1-inch thick sections.
12) Lay the sliced, 1-inch sections onto the lightly greased cookie sheet with some space between them. Leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. They should double in size.
13) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
14) Bake the cinnamon rolls for 25 minutes, until they start to brown.
Over low heat, gently whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond milk in a skillet until it thickens into a light glaze. If it’s too thin, sprinkle in more powdered sugar until it takes on the desired texture.
When the cinnamon rolls are done, allow them to cool for 10 minutes then drizzle the glaze over the top and serve!
Hey there, my name is Abby and I am the creator and editor of this website. I have always loved cooking and kitchen gadgets. I hope my website helps you pick out the right products for your kitchen. Thanks for reading!